Jan 30, 2008

Thumbs up for these fresh gigs

Fark... Funkinc kicked on Saturday night and sucked in if you missed it. I will take this opportunity to make a big shout out to Frenzie & Simon Caldwell for their superb services. Robin & I played between the lads and then I bought the bacon on home with the last shift til 5am.
I have a couple of gigs to endorse coming up over the next few weeks: Niche productions presents
Freddie Cruger aka Red Astaire@ Ruby Rabbit Friday 8th Feb,
With Mark Walton & a great bunch of locals. I will be on the top floor VIP bar, (DE NOM) banging out some choice soul funk cuts and bent boogie tunes for the champagne ladies & cashed up gents.



The second gig I give the good old double thumbs for is the Turntables on the Harbour gig. Yeah, you got it! Nickodemus from Turntables on the Hudson in New York is being returned to Sydney for another night of eclectic jazz beats and dance floor breaks to name but a few of the genres you may hear at this event. I saw him last time he was in Sydney and he ripped that shit up dude. He's a fav of my good mate Tom Thump in San Fran and they regularly cross the states to play at one another's gigs. If I hadn't been playing with J Boogie the same night in SF, I would have caught him there as well.
Sat 23rd Feb-Boat Party. Click on fler for more details
Those crazy Germans the Mo Horizons will also be on the bill. Sadly enough, we SoulShakers are not on the bill but do not let this discourage you from the best gig this town will have that weekend.

Listen to Nickodemus-Give The Drummer Some (Fort Knox 5 edit)

No comments: