I chose "Fight on" instead of RIP, because just like the great Mohammed Ali was a fighter, so was Ali Bin Mohammed Omar. Not often with his fist but always with his voice, his heart and his actions. Ali fought the good fight for the underdog, for the independent merchants, the indigenous, the young and the old. He stuck it to the man and the empty leaders when they turned their backs on the small guy, the common man and the underprivileged. Although small in stature himself, he roared like the lions in Zion with his words and actions.
Jun 28, 2009
This mix is a collection of smoking beats and leftfield soul that remind me of Ali and his attitude to life. Its emotionally charged, so sit back, roll a fat one, pour a long one and enjoy. I hope you can feel a little of what Im saying in these tracks.
I can see the selecta now, still fighting the good fight. Ali's on stage, taking the mic off MJ, pushing both him & Farrah aside and sitting them in their places as he now prepares to shake down the universe's biggest stage in a rubbadub style.
Intro: Ali Bombaye - Michael Masser & Mandrill (loop)
1. Same ol thing (ft Rich Medina) - J Boogie Dubtronic Science
2. I choose you - Nightmare on Wax
3. Sweet Music (ft Tony Moses) - J Boogie Dubtronic Science
4. SSS 002 - Super Smoky Soul
5. Sax & Violence - Phantom Slasher
6. The beat experience - Pepe Deluxe
7. Millers's Lattice - Harvey Lindo
8. Together (ft Jennifer Johns) - J Boogie Dubtronic Science*
9. Set your flag on fire - U -Tern edit
10. Acetate Prophets - Jurassic 5
11. Dusk you and me - Groove Armada
12. All that you give - Cinematic Orchestra*
13. Maggot Brain - Funkadelic*
Outro - Long road (loop)
*sorry for distortion on last couple of trax. Poor lil' Edirol dont like it if level's get hot.